Campus Student Worker - Peer Tutor
Position Summary: To assist students in the Academic Support Center with tutoring in Math, English, Science of Light, Science of Sound, and/or Basic Computer Skills.
- Federal Work Study eligible preferred
- Must be a full-time student (9 credit hours when applicable)
- Able to perform Key Job Elements
- Must be in and stay in good academic standing for the duration of employment (CGPA at or above 3.0)
- Must be in and stay in good conduct standing.
- Completion of a particular course in which tutoring is done with earning at least a “B”. An “A” is preferred.
- Recommendation from an instructor preferably in the course you wish to tutor.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural, and social backgrounds.
- Excellent level of responsibility, reliability, and punctuality.
- Professional and appropriate behavior at all times. Ability to work well with other tutors, faculty, staff, and students.
- Prior tutoring experience is a plus. A willingness to keep updated on course content and curriculum tutored.
Basic Job Requirements:
- Meet with students on a one-to-one or small group basis to provide tutorial assistance.
- Maintain a weekly schedule of available hours in the Academic Support Center for student appointments for content course and/or learning strategies.
- Assist students in developing successful academic study skills and test taking strategies, and develop supportive peer-relationships with tutees.
- Attend quarterly tutor-training sessions as required by the Coordinator of Academic Support.
- Work the sign-in and check-out desk in the Academic Support Center, keep appointment sheets, and sign-in sheets up to date.
- Assist with additional duties as needed, for example, greeting students as they enter the Academic Support Center, correcting/proofing English writing assignments, answering the phone, organizing materials
- Completing E-Time in a timely manner, and reading and signing the weekly Tutor Letter.
- Customer service experience and a pleasant demeanor.
- Must be in and maintain excellent academic standing and attendance.
- Ability to understand the importance of timeliness and quality of work.
- Ability and willingness to take direction.
- Ability to think independently and resolve problems when appropriate.
- Uphold the Arts Institutes Code of Conduct.
- All final applicants will be subject to a drug screen after an offer of employment is made and prior to commencing work.
Performance Reviews: Students will be evaluated on a quarterly basis by the hiring manager. Managers should maintain all records for performance reviews and submit them to the students file as necessary.